Crystal Care and how they work
Crystals & how they work
Crystals are magical & mystifying but like everything they need a cleanse regularly. The frequency of the cleanse needed is depending on how much you wear them or what they have been used for. This can be felt if they are not working at their highest level. Absorbing negative and positive energy takes its toll on them, like us and because crystals work holistically, they work on the physical, emotional, mental and spiritual levels of being. Working through vibration, crystals rebalance the bio-magnetic sheath, bringing the chakras back into balance. To choose a crystal you can work from symptoms or from the guidance of a crystal healer.
Ways to cleanse your crystals
- The Full Moon - Placing your crystals under Moonlight is a gentle method for recharging your crystals. Full moons are the brightest in the moon cycle, thus giving a greater charge to your crystals. Many prefer to place theirs on their windowsill rather than outside and that works as well.
- Selenite Charging Plates – There are many types of charging plates from moons, round, square, sticks & more & they al. wok the same. I put my crystals on my plate before I go to bed and take them off the next morning. There is no time limit as to how long you leave them on for but they need at least 6 hrs.
- Rinse or bathe your crystals in clean water from a river, waterfall, ocean, creek or rain water. I recommend doing this only if you have a wide experience with crystals as some crystals dissolve in water. Rose Quartz & Amethyst are ok to cleanse this way. (Please do not do this with any of the crystal jewellery)
- Smudge stick - Smudging with white sage or if you would like an Australian native cedar. (There are many types of smudge sticks available – a great website is https://www.eartharomas.com.au/) Cedar can be used to cleanse your crystals. Pass your crystal through the smoke while asking it to be cleansed and purified.
What are the chains made of?
The silver chains are stainless steel and the gold is gold coated stainless steel.
All my jewellery is nickel free, tarnish resistant & the wire has a protective coating however they are susceptible to wear and tear so please follow our care instructions to maximize the life and quality of your jewellery. They are sourced from an Australian supplier and are available to buy separately.
To ensure the longevity of your jewellery, please do not:
- Wear your jewellery in the shower, in water (pool, bath or beach) or to the gym.
- Spray perfume or lotions directly on to them as the chemicals may react with the plating and cause it to wear off.
- Sleep in them
Excessive light, heat or moisture will deteriorate the quality of plating on the metal.
Tarnishing may naturally occur over time.
What is the wire made of?
The wire I use is Beadsmith anti – tarnish wire which is copper with a coating of gold & silver. I have a habit of rubbing my pendant and this has caused the coating to wear off in places, however rubbing it provides me comfort.
Can I wear it in the shower?
Some crystals like rose quartz & amethyst have no trouble being in water and this a great way to cleanse them however some crystals can be damaged in water & the chains can become dirty. I would recommend that any jewellery not be worn in water. To prolong the life of all jewellery treating it with the upmost care & respect is essential.